During your stay at Casa Santo Domingo you will find a variety of activities available. These include a tour of La Antigua, horse back rides to coffee farms, stroll through towns and nearby farms, ecological tourism on the volcanoes "Agua" and "Acatenango" and nearby places. Also, tours and rides to Chichicastenango, Cobán, Lago de Atitlán, Río Dulce, Copán (Honduras) and other places.
You may also enjoy a relaxing dip in our jacuzzis, exercise in the gym, have a pleasant moment in our swimming pool or experience wellness at YAXTÚN Spa with an assortment of therapies and treatments inspired in the old Mayas.
Santo Domingo del Cerro
Walk through spectacular gardens, enjoy nature and see a diverse collection of contemporary art from renowned artists of Guatemalan plastic art.
- Walking Tour of La Antigua Guatemala (Everyday)
- Tour of Chichicastenango and Atitlan (Thursdays and Sundays)
- Tour of Lake Atitlan (Everyday)
- Tikal National Park Tour (Daily)
- Tour of the National Park Pacaya Volcano (Everyday)
Casa del Barro
Features colonial type tiles and a variety of ceramics. All of them are elaborated and decorated by hand on the premises and created from high-quality materials with the original formula known as "Majolica Pottery".
Casa de la Cera
It offers its visitors a great variety of wax candles, votives, tapers in various colors, sizes and styles all handcrafted using the highest quality raw materials.
The first and largest factory and museum in La Antigua, Guatemala.
Chocolarti (Chocolate Factory)
Our trained international Chocolatier and staff are constantly developing new products using exotic flavors from all over the world, especially from Guatemala.
From our Cellar
Featuring keepsakes from your visit. One may find: Pillows, Candlesticks, Waffle Robes, Iron Pokers, Marble Shells, Wrought Iron Crosses, Costumes, and much more…
It´s open (short route)
Santo Domingo del Cerro-Parque Cultural Efraín Recinos, 500 mts. from the main access to the city of La Antigua Guatemala.
The Canopy Tour at Santo Domingo del Cerro is a zipline attraction first of its kind and scale in the city of La Antigua Guatemala. Clients of all ages travel by cables feeling as though they are gliding from tree to tree in a net of stainless steel platforms.
It’s a fun and safe experience for extreme sports lovers, adventure tourism, families and a great activity for kids, corporate groups and people seeking for adventure.
The last of the 12 routes has two ziplines with double cable each so two people at the same time can enjoy the “Superman” option.
This experience begins putting on the equipment and a minutness supervision from our sky guides to make sure that all gear is properly adjusted and that everything is in order. They also provide a brief explanation of how to proceed with the cable and resolve any doubts.
3ª Calle Oriente No. 28 “A”, La Antigua Guatemala – Tel. (502) 78201220
SECURITY & ENGENEERING
The priority of Canopy Tours in Santo Domingo del Cerro is the safety of our Clients. It was designed in accordance with the most current ACCT standards. One of the main clauses of the standards is the acquisition of the Mill Certification for the cable from its manufacturer. This certification not only constitutes the quality of the cable but it was manufactured specifically for this project. The kind of cable utilized for this project is compacted cable which is extruded through a machine to provide a smooth finish to the outer strands which make for a quieter ride. This compaction also provides for a higher performance in strength and durability considering there is less wear on the cable itself, pulleys and other components utilized as part of the gear used during the tour. All elements have been designed to have a minimum safety factor of 5:1. With the use of double cable the safety factor can go as high as 10:1, doubling all lifeline strengths. The route and equipment are thoroughly inspected regularly.
In Hotel Museo Casa Santo Domingo we look after the environment and don’t intrude or stress the trees that support the platforms.
CODE OF CONDUCT
CODE OF CONDUCT IN NATURAL AREAS, PROTECTED AREAS, NATURAL HERITAGE SITES AND / OR NATIONAL PARKS
1. Plan your visit and check what you can and cannot do in the selected site.
2. Pay the entrance fee in parks and protected areas.
3. Preserve natural resources for future generations
4. To protect flora, stay on trails at all times.
5. It is not permitted to:
a. Feed the wildlife.
b. Leave behind food, trash or chemicals; use the trashcans provided.
c. Enter pets unless they are guide dogs in the company of their masters. (these must be identified.)
d. Emission of noises or loud music.
e. Damage or destroy natural elements (animals, plants, dead wood, rocks, etc.)
6. Use the assigned sites to camp and remember to clean before leaving.
7. Light fires only on spaces provided and remember to extinguish them before leaving.
8. Respect the open and closing park hours.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THE VISIT OF CULTURAL AND SENSITIVE HISTORICAL SITES
INDIGENOUS AND LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND CELEBRATIONS
1. Respect the local people, their customs and religion.
2. Do not touch anything without previous authorization.
3. In the villages, ask for permission from the Head of the Community before taking photographs, especially when taking pictures of people or activities.
4. Respect the holy and sacred places and the activities that take place in them.
5. Be interested in understanding the town culture and traditions.
6. Request permission to witness Maya ceremonies.
1. Be silent at all times.
2. Take photographs only on permitted sites.
3. Before you enter, turn off cell phones and mobile devices or put them on vibrate.
4. Use demure dressing.
5. Do not damage or paint the walls or benches.
6. Do not touch the images and pieces.
7. Do not eat and / or drink.
1. Take photographs only if permitted and under the standards required in each place.
2. Do not damage or paint facilities, pieces or monuments.
3. No pets allowed, except for company dogs identified as such.
4. Throw trash in established places.
5. Respect the opening and closing times.
6. Not allowed the entry of food and / or beverages.
7. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Observe and comply with the rules established at each site.